Sunday, April 3, 2016

Homework 7

1. What is your plan to do "good work" (in any field you are interested in) after you graduate?

My plan to do good work is basically doing anything that continues to keep my parents happy and proud. They say they want me to do whatever makes me happy but I know deep down there are certain fields rather than the art field that they want me to study. At first, I was planning to major in graphic design but now I am thinking about IT and marketing and minoring in graphic design. I'm willing to sacrifice what I truly want just like they have sacrificed so much for me and my brother.

2. What do you wonder at?

I always wonder about the future. Whether it'd be my future family, the kind of house ill live in, or the job ill be doing most of my life. 

3. Share at least one thing that you have come across recently that you think would be interesting for others in the class to see.

I am really interested in street brands and theres this one company that I'm really inspired by: http://johnnycupcakes.com/  I think their idea and whole theme of having their stores as bakery shops is extremely creative: http://kitchen.johnnycupcakes.com/bakeries/ 
Also, I'm totally not trying to advertise him but my brother also recently launched his own clothing brand that you guys should check out!! http://www.paulreign.com/ free shipping!!

4. Are you in your ideal geographic location for what you want to do? What is your plan for making the most out of your current place?

I've always wanted to live in New York because of its live atmosphere. Also because lately every video I find on facebook is about a unique and cool restaurant that's only located in New York. I'd love to be surrounded by so many creative ideas. But I also think where I am is a good place to concentrate on what I want to do. Because I am living at home, I know exactly whats best for me to do my work and with the many relatives that live so close, it would be hard to say goodbye to their love and support.

5. Who are the people who follow online (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)? [Name at least 3.] How do those people contribute to your success?

I have an amazingly talented family that I have been inspired by since I was little. The first person I follow is my cousin Joesar Alva. He is a dancer/choreographer, he started out on MTV's show America's Best Dance Crew, then made a deal with Jason Derulo where he appeared in some of his music video's like "Riding Solo" and "In My Head." After, he moved on to Justin Bieber and then finally Ariana Grande. Every time I watch him, whether it'd be on an award show or concert, I still can't believe he's is my cousin. Recently he got accepted into an Art Institute in California so he's focusing on animation. The fact that he gets do all the things he's ever wanted is truly amazing. Although I am not doing what I truly want, watching him is satisfying enough and has inspired me to continue my love for art. My second person is also my cousin, Jennybeth Alva. She is who inspired me to write slam poetry. Watching her perform at shows and having people be in awe of the feelings/emotions that she expresses, made me also want to be on stage performing my own writing and wanting to influence others. Right now she is traveling the world. She recently moved to Germany so seeing her photos in all these European countries on Instagram has encouraged me to work harder so one day I can travel the world with the person I love as well. The last person I follow is _DR_WOO_  on Instagram. He's a tattoo artist and I just love his style of work. I mentioned before but I also want to design my own tattoo, possibly using a style similar to his.

6. What are the ways you "complain" about others work within your own? Give an example.

I don't really complain about others work. Like Andre Torrez' quote, "Complain about the way other people make software by making software." Although my cousin lead me to do poetry, there are times where I can see where she's trying to go, but not really getting there; she's even mentioned it before. Because of that, I try to do what she cant and create my own lines with the vibe that she was intending to do. I'm not doing this to one up her, but rather to gain confidence in myself.

1 comment:

  1. The three people you have listed and why they contribute to your success are so amazing! It's also extremely cool that your cousin is a talented dancer and your reasoning for him affecting you is very well thought out.

    ReplyDelete