Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Project 1





The lamp that appears in Pixar's corporate logo was first introduced in 1986 when they released their first short film "Luxo Jr." Directed by John Lasseter, he was inspired to make this film simply from the lamp on his desk. 
I've always wanted to work for Pixar ever since I was little, so being a fan of this animation company has inspired me to make this gif. The lamp is looking around until it finally turns to face us. I added a tween so that it fades, then I duplicated all the frames and reversed it so that it makes a perfect loop. By doing this, I wanted to connect the lamp to myself and to those who are still unsure about their future and don't yet know what to do with their lives. We're still looking for that certain passion, but, like the lamp when it faces the screen, we realize that what comes first is staying true to yourself. "I can't tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone." -Ed Sheeran


1 comment:

  1. Rochelle, I remember being really drawn to your GIF when we watched them in class. I love the fact that you chose to work with the Pixar lamp. This is a very well known animation so I know it set of nostalgic bells in many people's minds when they saw it. I also enjoyed reading about the deeper meaning you got from the animation. All in all I really enjoyed your GIF and was brought in by the context of it. If you were to redo this work, I would love to see what it would look like if you created a seamless loop in the lamp just looking around itself in all directions. (Never getting to the point of looking forward.) I feel like this could possibly help your idea get across a little more.

    ReplyDelete