Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Project 2


At first I wanted to create a collage based on a happy experience, but I realized that the dreams I usually remember are nightmares. I feel like the same goes for everyone, and that we tend to remember a scary dream because it is a lot more interesting in a way, rather than dreaming about something happy/pleasant. 
My background was originally a room full of mirrors. I realized that I never dream of one thing overnight, and that one dream would always change into a completely different one after another. With this, I wanted to create a scene that involved some kind of portals that lead to different nightmares of mine: Getting lost, being chased by someone, drowning in a lake, and jumping off a cliff/falling. These are actually some of the most common nightmares around the world and I thought it would be nice to use them for you guys to relate. You can also see the scene as kind of like a sequence. There are two "portals" that are pitch black- as if we don't remember what we dreamed about in between or just in general. I also tried emphasize this by applying layers of clouds; it creates a smoky effect which shows how dreams are dull to our minds rather than memories are vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment